Location: Chepstow, UK
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport & Logistics Supervisor/Manager to join our fast growing company based in Chepstow. The main function of this role is to work as part of the Finance and Logistics team, managing the compliance aspects of our logistics operations, ensuring the cost effective and efficient receipt and delivery of goods globally within the TXO Group and related supporting finance activities.
The essential requirements of the business and this role are as follows:
- Arrangement of both inbound and outbound shipping movements to/from the TXO Group, including preparation of shipping documents/commercial invoices.
- Liaise with and negotiate freight rates with the main carriers on a shipment by shipment basis.
- Liaise with internal and external customers regarding shipping queries.
- Provide proof of delivery upon request.
- Work with all internal departments to plan picking, collections and shipments.
- Logistical support for our field activities.
- Provide Sales teams and the wider business with guidance on documentation required for transit to specific regions, including but not limited to global import and export controls, certification requirements, trade sanctions and embargoes.
- Liaise with the Chamber of Commerce to ensure the steady flow of requested documentation and information.
- Month-end processing including liaising with all internal ICO customers in order to organise and consolidate all shipping documentation.
- Consolidation of all export documentation taking into accounts different requirements for each ICO entity.
- To negotiate and manage the relationships with various couriers and shipping partners to ensure the most competitive shipping rates and charges are being achieved at a strategic level.
- Ad hoc finance duties to assist with month-end and year-end preparation of account.
- Interface with other internal departments as required ensuring a high-level quality of process.
- Responsible for personal Health and Safety and operating in a manner which is safe personally and for others.
- Follow all companies Policies and Procedures including but not limited to Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental and Information Security.
- The role is also expected to perform any reasonable requests which are not defined but within the ability of the individual.
In addition to the essential requirements of the role (above) it would also be desirable if the candidate would have the capability to take on the following additional responsibilities.
- Be the go-to person for all import/export compliance related matters.
- Perform regular reviews for the most up-to-date information from UK government and international trade sources.
- Via close networking with carriers, provide the business with updates on information regarding the latest positions on Import/Export controls.
- Analysis and reconciliation of tax and duty charges against HMRC certificates and other external returns.
- Production and control of various templates and matrix documentation in order to ensure correct information is provided by other internal customers to the logistics/finance department.
- Production of various cost control reports and analysis of Profit and Loss expenditure relating to shipping, logistics and other areas of the business.
- Manage and prepare reports to ensure efficient and effective control of shipping costs, both inbound and outbound.
- Cost control in the logistics area.
- Preparation of analysis and other information as required for annual audit purposes.
- Experience of using an ERP system, preferably a SAGE product, ideally X3.
- An understanding of the financial impact of decisions and ideally some involvement within or alongside a Finance department previously.
- An awareness of issues relating to BREXIT and the potential impact on shipping activities.
- Experience of dealing with the key transport carriers and their on-line portals.
- Some prior involvement with the negotiation of rates with carriers.
- An understanding of the Incoterm system and harmonisation codes.
- Team player.
- Hard working.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a necessity.
- Able to work individually when required.
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays.
- Free parking.
- Regular staff events.
- Pension scheme.
- Medical cash plans.
- Life insurance.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Free refreshments.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your package expectations for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within 2 weeks of your application being submitted you will have not been successful on this occasion. TXO maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role, we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months.