Location: Chepstow, UK
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Test Technician to join our fast growing company based in Chepstow. The main function of this role is to contribute to the delivery of our lab division via supporting the delivery of testing.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Test Technician:
- Setting up, testing and repairing telecom equipment in the workshop
- Helping with the development of telecom equipment & making sure they are functional (with multiple OEM equipment)
- Alarm diagnosis, alarm management, effective diagnosis and testing of systems to help meet customer Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Practicing electrostatic discharge awareness in order to prevent accidental damage to equipment
- Assisting with ISO27001 responsibilities as outlined in the ISMS
- Providing technical support when requested by the sales team
- Devising appropriate test procedures
- Recommending additional hardware needs to establish the test
- Customer meetings, understanding and taking technical briefs from the customer
- Maintaining a database of confirmed working solutions – combination of hardware and coding aspects
- Recoding software on the optical transceiver to ensure compatibility
- Working with the vendors to inform them of testing results to improve/develop the product
- Recommending new products and new product areas
- Fielding technical enquiries from customers
- Use of X3 to ensure the smooth flow of products through the system
- This list is not exhaustive
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 x GCSE’s at grade C or above (including mathematics)
- It is desirable that candidates have A Levels in a technical/analytical subject such as ICT or mathematics
- A genuine interest in technology
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Analytical approach with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Windows, Word, Excel, etc.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and career development opportunities. A generous list of company benefits including 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), company pension, medical cash-back plan, employee assistance programme, free parking, life insurance, social events, plus free refreshments and fruit!
How to apply
If you have the skills and experience needed for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to include salary expectation to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within 2 weeks of your application being submitted you will have not been successful on this occasion. TXO maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role, we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months.